Saturday, May 28, 2011

April 2011

A lot has happened over the last several weeks and I thought maybe it was time to try and write some of it down. It's hard to put it all into words. Without going into all the details, I'll just say that my dear mother passed away April 8 at age 90. She was such a wonderful mother and her example inspires me to try to be better each day. She left us a legacy of faith and testimony and a love of family. I miss her, but have faith and hope that sustain me. I am so grateful for my own testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the blessing of my family.

To be a bit reflective, ...change is a part of life, and it's one of those things that stretches us and helps us grow. Elder Wirthlin said, "Learning to endure times of disappointment, suffering, and sorrow is part of our on-the-job training. These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are precisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character, and increase our compassion for others. "

Our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ want us to be happy. We need to trust in their love for us and seek to follow them. It is through my beliefs that I find peace and comfort and strength through life's journey. I don't always listen well enough and make the best choices, but I know that when I stay on the right path, I have more of what really matters in my life.

No comments: